Submit the quick form below and we will respond promptly. Or, give us a call at 314.283.4886.
615 +/- Acre Show Place - 1.5 Hours from St. Louis
615 +/- Acre Show Place
Working Cattle Farm
12k +/- Sq. Ft. Spanish Home
2 Large Flowing Springs
The Eilbrunn farm is without a doubt one of the most well known estates in Crawford County. It has many names and many remember it as the Welch Baby Carriage mansion or Glenn Ellen. The estate is located near Steelville, MO and about 1.5 hours SW of St. Louis and in the heart of the beautiful MO Ozarks. The highlights are the large Spanish style mansion which overlooks lush cattle fields capable of running about 70+/- cow/calf pairs. There are 3 other homes on the farm as well as numerous outbuildings. There are 2 named flowing springs on the property as well as the Whittenburg Creek which meanders thru the farm. There are also 2 named caves located on the farm. The springs are incredible and could hold trout with proper management. There is a good balance of timber and lush pastures which make the wildlife population abundant. There is so much history and so many opportunities with this magnificent estate. This is truly a chance of a lifetime to purchase an estate that offers so much.
-About 300-350+/- acres of open ground. Usually run about 60-70 mama cows and cut own hay.
-Collins Spring and Evans Spring which flow into the Whittenburg Creek which flows thru farm and to the Meramec River.
-The Owner has stated that there has been a 26″ Brown Trout and a 27″ Rainbow Trout taken out of the creek.
-There is the main house and three wood frame homes as well as many useful outbuildings on the farm.
-There are 7 Bath Rooms, 7 fireplaces, 7 BR and about 12K SQ FT.
-There are 2 named caves on the farm
-The owner remarked that it took 27 train cars of cement to build everything.
-At one time the farm was owned by the Welsh Baby Factory owners who first invented the collapsible baby carriage.
-The current owner has owned the farm since around 1970.
-One field was planted as a grape vineyard
-In the early 1900’s the Evans Spring located on the farm supplied the electric for the farm and Crawford County area.
-There is still the concrete raceway that took the spring water to the generator house on the farm
-The home was finished being built in 1926 and was built by the Collins family who had deep connections with Brown Shoe Co.
-The home was at one time called the Cloisters
-The house is designed as Spanish Moorish which is an area of Northern Africa the area of Mooraco
-Eilbrunn was used as name of farm for Eilert and brunn which meant well, spring, fountains of water in German
-Some people call the farm the Glenn Ellen Farm in the past.